Monday, December 30, 2013

Made it to Arizona!

Sorry for my lack of updating I got very busy when I arrived in Arizona. So firstly I successfully got the brompton on the plane in the overhead bin as a carry-on with no questions asked! Here's the proof!
When I had the flight attendant take the picture when we landed she asked me what it was and since I already got it on I just told her it was a folding bike and they couldn't believe it! And when I got off the plane I took off the cover and transformed it back into a bike! I biked from the gate to baggage claim down the long walkway while everyone else had to walk lol I felt like I was cheating!  I saw a pic of Ryan's wife Jennifer doing this and they said one of the tsa agents acually incouraged her to bike it! So knowing that I did this with no hassle as well! 

So after that Ryan picked me up and took me to his place in Tempe, AZ whare I will be staying while in Arizona.  We got to his place about 10pm and we were leaving his place at 330am the next morning to hike the Grand Canyon for 3 days!  I had to move everything into my hikers pack and organize everything which took about 2 hours so by the time I got to bed I got about 3 hours sleep! Stay tuned for the Grand Canyon hike I'll post it soon! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Matt! Look forward to hearing about your hiking adventures in AZ...

    ReplyDelete