Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 50-51: Orick to Cresent City, Ca

Hey Everyone!

Well today I got a really late start I decided to lay in my tent for awile and relax for awile it was still pouring rain I didn't get up till noon then I ate breakfast and packed up and by the time I was done it was almost 3pm! So I hit the road

There was some nice big redwood trees as I biked down the hwy!

I eventually got back on the hwy and made my way to Klamath, Ca whare there were these golden bear statues to welcome you lol!
 
Well soon after I passed the trees of mystery whare Paul Bunyan and his blue ox welcome you to the redwoods!
Well not to long after 101 tuned into redwood hwy and I could see a hill starting just ahead.
Well got to the hill and started climbing it seemed to almost never end! At this point my chain was dirty and wet and was squeaky and my gear was heavier from being waterlogged and it was pouring out so it was a long battle to get to the top and by the time I did it was dark out so then I had a long cold wet decent into Cresent city it was hard to see as I zoomed down hill when the rain drops get in my eyes so I took my time and soon after I finally got to the bottom whare it flattened out and had a easy ride to Crecent city I stopped In the Safeway in town for a bit then called Katie for the directions to St Paul's church whare I would be staying the night once I got ther Katie gave me a warm welcome she showed me the kitchen area whare I could do all my cooking here's a shot!
Also the sitting area with some couches I could sleep on and free wifi!
Well after that she showed me to at that moment the most important thing my warm shower! Well after that she left me the key and headed home then the first thing I did was strip down and got clean that was the nicest shower I had since big sur state park! Well after that I decided to head back to safe way for some ice cream since I had a freezer to store it! So I got back and ate some ice cream and watched some tv shows then headed to bed for the night. Well the next morning I decided to make breakfast.
Of course after that I had quite a mess to clean up!
Well Katie Called and asked if I would help with a monthly dinner they were doing that evening so I decided to head out and bike around town then later that evening I got back and helped with dinner. I met several people from the church it was a great time getting to know everyone well after that I got setteled in for the night and went to bed well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment