Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 48 Weott to Eureka, Ca

Hey everyone!

Well I took my time in the Morning and made myself breakfast in the washing area under cover by the bathrooms I also cleaned my bike up as well.

The food safe fit my bike right inside just like at Big Sur state park!
Well after awile I finally got myself packed up!
I hit the road and got more amazing redwoods scenery!
Here was the direction in the pic below I could of gone if I wanted to take the Lost Coast Alternative Route it was really hilly and all the campgrounds on this route were closed for the winter. So I decided to just stick with the main route I figure It just gives me a reason to bike the pacific coast again and do it in the summer when everything would be open!
Well I stopped at Ancient Redwoods rv park and checked out the Immortal Tree!
After that I hit the road again and passed a opening in the redwoods that was quite a sight!
I eventually passed the redwoods and got back on hwy 101 and made my way to Fortuna, Ca for a break I stopped into the Burger King in town to use the wifi and catch up on blogging before I left it started raining pretty hard so I got all my rain gear on and pedaled out. After about 2 hours of hwy biking I finally made it to Eureka,Ca a few miles short I the campground I bought a few supplies and then headed to camp another KOA!
The hot tub was closed at this location and they had no kitchen but they sure had a nice bathroom/shower!
Well after a nice long shower I headed to bed for the night.
Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment