Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 52: Cresent City to Bookings, OR

Hey Everyone!

Well by the time I got done getting all the left over dinner food from last night packed up and also fixed the front breaks on my bike I didn't leave St. Paul's till almost 2pm not as bad as 2 days ago but still really late! Well it started raining by the time I left but there was a pretty strong tailwind and a nice coastal view which was nice! 
Well I went up the coast then the route cut inland for some country scenery and after about 20 miles I made it to Oregon!!
Well Oregon gave me a welcome of more rain and high winds! I stopped in the town of Anchor for a quick break.
When I took the pic below the winds got so bad when I took this pic almost made me fall over while trying to hold up my bike!
Well after that I made my way to the town of Bookings on the way there I got more high winds which when it was tailwind gave me a big boost in speed! Well after doing a little shopping in town I made the mile and a half ride to Harris beach state park and got regestered!
Then I headed over to the hiker/biker sites they were pretty nice! Here's a few shots!
The biker/hiker sites have their own dish washing stations 
They also have trash running water and recycle in the hiker/biker!
I also found a laundromat!
And for the big bonus: FREE SHOWERS!
Well after taking a really long shower I packed up my stuff and headed back to bed. Well that's it for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment