Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 27-28: Lucia,Ca to Big Sir State Park

Hey everyone!

Well I got up and decided to make some breakfast and refill my water and realized there was no running. Water at the campground! Luckily a group of guyes across the way from me had a bunch of water bottles and let me borrow some. Well after that I got packed up and headed out.
I hit the road and it was only sprinkling rain but then it started raining harder so I pulled over and got the rain gear on but my clothes already were damp at this point. Well then I hit the road and saw more great scenery!
I didn't take as many pictures today cause of the rain I eventually made my way to a cafe whare I stopped in and got dry for a bit and refilled my water since they had running water here. Well after that I pedaled on through the shoulderless curvy roads.
There was a fair amount of hill climbing as well so I'm glad I made this a shorter day only about 30 miles plus the rain made it even slower and after awile I saw a library and decided to stop in and warm up again.
Turns out it wasn't a public library it was the Henry Miller memorial library. 
Henry Miller was a writer that wrote many famous novels that were very sexual in nature the One he was most known for was Tropic Of Cancer he wrote in 1934 and it was banned by the us until 1961 if you wanna read more about him heres the link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Miller
It was pretty cool to walk around and check it all out. 
Well I pressed on and kept going I was less then 10 miles from Big Sir State park but I had several more hill climbs to go and the rain was still pouring and by the time I got to the park my rain gear was soaked through! Well I checked out the lodge on the way in.
This place looked more high end then the other state parks but the hiker/biker was still $5!
After looking at the map I made my way to the hiker biker area!
The food safes were big enough that I could lock my Brompton inside!
They even had a dish washing station and power outlets to charge devices!
Well once I got camp set up I was starting to get chilled so I was gonna go back to the lodge and see if by some off chance they had laundry facilities and I bumped into the ranger on the way and told me they did! So I got my change of clothes took a shower near the laundromat and washed everything else! It was the best 5$ I ever spent 2 for the shower it felt amazing! And 3 for the laundry! I stayed in the laundry room out of the rain while the clothes washed and dryed.
After that I headed back to get setteled in for the night felling clean and dry!
The next morning I got up and made some breakfast and there was a guy sleeping in a hammock near by and he had a baby stroller! When he woke up I chatted with him and his name was Danniel and he was walking down the coast! I asked him why the baby stroller and he said why carry all that weight on your back when you can just push it in front of you didn't seem like a bad way to do it! He also told me he went for what he called a "little walk" from New York to Flordia! I also asked him if he ever hitchhikes but he said I just love to walk! And I thought I was hardcore this guy blew me away! I took a pic of us before we parted ways.
Well I decided to stay one more day to relax and wait out the rain since the rain was suppost to clear up tommorw. So I did some exploring around.
I don't think I've seen firewood this expensive 9$ a bundle wow! Just about 2 days lodging for me!
I spent the rest of the day and night hangin out at Fernwood Resort they had a bar/general store about a mile down the street whare they had wifi so I could catch up on some blogging.
Well the bar closed at 11pm so I then made my way back to camp and went to bed. Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment