Sunday, February 9, 2014

Days 22-25: An unexpected break with someone special

Hey everyone!

Well last night Courtney got back to me! And we decided to meet up and she said she would bring me a picnic lunch! So I biked 15 miles in the rain to meet her half way in Cacyous and left my tent and gear at Sam Simeon. Once I got there I put my bike in the back of her truck and we ended up chatting in her truck for several hours I couldn't believe how well we got along and the food she brought me was delicious! Towards the end of our talk I told her I had done some swing dancing and she got really excited and told me there was swing dancing tommorw night at the Madonna inn near her place and she asked her roommates if I could stay at her place and it was a go! So the next day I packed up and biked 28 miles south to her place In Los Osos, Ca. 

I put my stuff in her garage took a shower and she washed all my clothes for me. She lives with Lauren And Bruce and they have a son Ian they were all very nice and welcoming! After that Courtney was heading to the local Farmers Market in town so I went with her and she gave me some clothes to borrow so I picked through an got a outfit together.
So then we biked over to the farmers market and got some veggies and fruit for dinner tonight. Then we headed back and started getting dinner ready I helped her chop some veggies. Once dinner was ready we all sat down and chatted for awile it was fun getting to know Lauren, Bruce and their son Ian and the food was delicious I never thought eating healthy would taste so good! Well after dinner we got ready to go dancing Bruce had a dress shirt to loan me and Courtney loaned me a pair of black slacks and they acually fit since she was about my height! So we piled up in the car and drove over to the Madonna Inn. The Madonna Inn first opened in 1958 it is a very exravegent hotel located in San Louis Obispo with lots of nice woodwork and neat designs! 
Even the bathrooms were neat to look at!
Here's a shot of the Dance Hall!
Here's a link if you want more info or wanna stay here!: https://www.madonnainn.com/
Well we danced the night away Courtney was a very good dancer she had been tap dancing most of her life and had been swing dancing for several years! I wasn't nearly as expeareanced but it was still a fun night nonetheless! Well after that we headed back and I stayed up and talked with Courtney for several hours and bonded even closer I was definetly starting to feel we were developing a deep connection for each other! She also told me we could go horseback riding to the beach tommorw in the earily afternoon! We were up talking till about 3am then I went to bed. 
Well the next morning I did some blogging and she did some emails at the house then at about 1pm we got in the truck to go get Jupiter and Wednesday her two horses! Here's a past shot of her with them.
Well we got them loaded in the trailer and headed over to the trailhead to the beach. We took a quick pic before getting out I the truck.
We got the horses unloaded and got them saddled up. I rode Jupiter and she rode Wednesday Courtney gave me a few quick lessons it had been awile since I rode a horse but after riding around in circles I started to get the hang of it! So them we headed out we started with a slow trot for awile then eventually a faster Canter  through the sceneic beach trail Here's some shots of the ride!
It was so much fun! When we got back to the farm to unload the horses there was a gorgeous sunset!
Well once we got back we hanged out for a bit at this point it was already dark and I could only stay one night. So I headed to Morro Bay State Park about 3 miles away to camp for the night once I got there I bumped into another cyclist that was heading south he had kitty litter buckets for panniers and a big duffle bag he strapped on top! He was heading south to see his girlfriend in LA. Well when we were about done talking Courtney texted me and said she was gonna come see me for a bit! So she showed up and brought some dinner for me all I had to do was heat it up! We talked some more and we layed together for awile enjoying the night sky after awile it was getting late so she decided to head back and we said our goodbyes. After that I crashed asleep. The next morning I looked at my tent and the birds hit it pretty hard!
I grabbed some damp toilet paper to wipe it up the best I could then I packed up and headed for Sam Simeon again I decided to stop in Cambria again on the way at this point I was getting to know the town pretty well I saw a bike co-op or another name is bike kitchen basically there are mutiple stands whare people can work on their bikes! So I decided to stop in and give my bike some TLC there was a guy Jim that runs the shop he was real nice and welcoming plus they got a kick out of seeing me touring on the Brompton! Upon inspection I noticed I had a broken spoke on my rear wheel!! Of course the one thing I didn't have spares of breaks! Jim looked around and didn't have any that length but told me I could get as far as Monteray, Ca easily with just one missing spoke and have a shop with a spoke cutting machine make me some there. So after thanking Jim for all his help I headed out towards Sam Simeon to camp for the night I also realized when I got set up I lost my map! During the night the rain hit pretty hard and when I woke up it was still pouring I decided to stay in my sleeping bag for awile till 11am. I was planning on heading out that morning but with breaking a spoke losing my map and the pouring rain and I was low on food. It was like somthing up above was telling me I can't leave yet and with how close me and Courtney got a part of me didn't want to leave either. So I decided to take a day break to get more supplies and wait out the storm. So back to Cambria I went again it was becomming my second home! Lol I found the general store in town and restocked up on food and also I copied the maps from my bicycling the pacific coast book to get me from here to San Fransisco which I thought of while in town! I decided to give Courtney a call again and after talking with her and telling her everything that happened she decided to come see me at Sam Simeon that evening and stay the night! It definetly put a smile on my face so after hangin out at the library for a bit I headed back to camp to meet Courtney at this point the rain cleared up too! Once she showed up we decided to go into town to get some firewood to make a fire. We sang songs and talked again for hours in front of the fire and she brought more dinner to have as well! It was so much fun she brought blankets to lay in the tent so after talkin for hours around the fire we crawled into the tent and that night we got closer then ever! I don't know if I have ever felt so much love for somone this quickly she is definetly somone really special! Here's some pics of us and the site!
But she had just gotton out of a relationship and was trying to build up her business to make it more self-sustaining and I wanted to complete my journey so as much as I wanted to just stay I knew I had to go but at this point we established such a deep connection for one another we agreed we were gonna visit each other in the mean time. 

Reflecting back on it all there were so many variables whare we would of not met at all! I almost passed through San Louis Obispo whare I first met her without even stopping and if she hadn't left me her card with her number on the back I wouldn't of gotton ahold of her and if we hadn't seen each other that last time as a result of the rain lost map broke spoke and low on food! We would't be as close as we are now and writing this blog 13 days later were still keeping in touch and are as close as ever. Well that's all for this Romance chapter in the blog! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment