Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 35-37 Exploring San Fransisco, Ca

Hey Everyone!

Well I ended up sleeping in a for a bit in Lani's loft she also informed me I could stay a second night! So then I decided to go explore the streets of San Fransisco! I got on the city coast and followed the bike path I stopped to check out the ball park near by.
After exploring for a bit I decided to check out the pier and bumped into Cameron Another Brompton owner! We ended up talking for a few hours swapping stories and we talked Brompton tech! He is a truck driver and got to San fransisco ahead of his scheduled delivery time so he Unfolded the Brommie and did some exploring just like me!
After we got done talking it was getting dark but it was fun seeing the city in a different light!  The traffic was crazy along with expensive limited parking and congested traffic driving in this city seems like a bad idea lol the bike is definetly the way to go. I decided to stop in at the Ghirardelli Chocolate Marketplace and check it out! I saw this fountain in the center of the marketplace.
Well I rode around for awile exploring around some more then headed back to Lani's.  I chatted with a few more of her roommates then headed to bed. The next morning I ran a few errands I went to pick up a package it was Monday so I knew it would be opened but it was Presidents Day today it turned out so that would have to wait till tommorw after that I found a Brompton dealer in town called Huckleberry Bicycles and stopped in to check it out and I saw I had broken a second spoke! Good thing I got spares in Monteray, Ca they let me do the work myself at the front of the shop! It was the drive side rear spoke! So I had to take the wheel off again! So I got it in installed and had them check it for alinement and it was still spinning true! Also my right pedal had pretty much seized so they gave me a used one and threw it on. At that point I only had one drive side rear spoke left so I figured I'd get a few more spares they didn't have any but told me Mikes Bikes had a spoke cutter so I then headed there and on the way Lani texted me and said i could stay one more night! Once I got there it turned out there's was broken! So they refered me to Freewheel bikes on 20th and Valencia but by the time I got there it was closed! So soon after that I headed back to Lani's for one last night and chatted with some more of her roommates before heading to bed. The next morning Lani told me I could take my time and didn't have to leave till the afternoon so I found a campground Kirby Cove only about 15 miles away after looking at my map so I left my gear at Lani's and enjoyed one last semi full day of exploration! My buddy Patrick got back to me he lives in Oakland, Ca but he works in San Fransisco I Met him at the Seattle to Portland bike race last year With Ryan and his Arizona crew he uset to live there. So we met up at Atlas Cafe for lunch and chatted for a bit he also owns a Raw Laquer Brompton! Here's a shot of us before parting ways.
After that I ran a few Erronds I went to the post office and it was open finally! So I got my package then I headed over to Freewheel Bikes and got some spokes made. After that I stocked up on some more food at Safeway then I did a little more exploring around San fransisco before heading back to Lani's. 
I stopped at the college in town and saw these cool bike locks!
I then stopped at the Ballet Hall and took a pic.
Well after that it was almost 4pm so I headed back to Lani's to pack up. I decided to call the Kirby Cove campground to see about making a reservation and they were closed for the winter! I just said screw it and was gonna strath camp there since it almost 530 at this point. But Lani tole me about Haypress campground not too far north of Kirby Cove and it was opened so after saying goodbye and thanking her for everything I headed out and at this point it was almost dark so I turned on all my lights and took my time so I got on the bike path and eventually climbed my way 
to the famous Golden Gate Bridge! They have a entry gate for cyclists to cross.
Here's a shot of the city from the bridge!
After crossing I got back on the bike path for a short bit and then had a big decent into Sausalito, Ca and followed the bike lane along the water through this nice quiet little city then at the hwy 101 entrance there was a bike path again! So I took that into Marin City, Ca and mapped out my way to Haypress park so I turned off the path and had a long hill climb up to the Marin Headlands. From there I went on the dirt trail to the Haypress camp trail!
Then after about a 2 mile ride I made my way to the campground there was no pay station I didn't realize you needed a back country permit to camp here but at this point it was almost 10pm so I just set up and went to bed. Here's a shot of the campground.
Well that's it for this chapter thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment