Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 33: Big Basin Redwoods to Half Moon Bay, Ca

Hey everyone! 

Well I woke up to another nice day so I took my time made breakfast and hit the road again.

After riding a shor bit I decided to stop in at the Pigeon Point Light house it was built in 1872 and it features a hostal and a museum here's a link for more info: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=533
Upon leaving I bumped into 2 cyclists that were out on a weekened getaway and they suggested I take a 4 mile side trip up north to check out the historic town of Pescadero, Ca. So I decided to check it out since I was only going 30 miles today. I stopped in at the general store to pick up a few things and apparently there was a couple in town that just got married that were riding through town with a small carriage and ponies! So I stuck around and took a few pics!
Well after that I biked back to the hwy and headed north again I saw this cool rock wall by the hwy and decided to stop for a min.
Well then I pressed forward for some more hilly terrain and buetiful views!
After a big down hill I decided to stop in at San Gregorio state beach for a quick break and a bathroom stop and saw this great view!
After that I hit the road and climbed a long steady hill but got a great view at the top!
At this point the terrain flattened out but by the time I got to Half Moon Bay it was dark so I stopped at the store in town just a mile north of camp and got a few things then I found the bike path that took me to the campground and I got setteled in for the night.
Well that's it for this page in the blog thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment