Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 29-30 Big Sir to Monteray, Ca


Hey everyone!

Well the weather cleared up this morning and on my way to heading out there was another guy at the hiker/biker site that got in late last night he was doing a photoshoot nearby and was here taking a vacation hiking in nature for a few days to get away from it all so we chatted for a few then I headed out.
I hit the road the weather was great and the ride to Monteray had some breathtaking sceneic views!
I even crossed some historic bridges on the way!
Not too far from Carmel, Ca I saw this view I looked at this for a few!
After some big hills and stopping at a Safeway in Carmel I finnaly arrived in the historic town of Monteray, Ca!
Well I biked around for a few and then made my way to Veterens Park to camp for the night it was yet another big hill climb before finally making it there.
It was worth it though 6$/night and free showers! And it had a nice food safe as you can see above! After researching how much there was to see in Monteray,Ca I decided to pay another 6$ and take a day break to explore the city! They have a military base in town it's so cool to see the old style architecture!
I found a bike shop in town Winning Wheels that had a spoke cutting machine to make me some spare spokes! On the way I found the bike path following the coast and checked out more great scenery!
Then I stopped at the visitors center in town to get a local map and say this funny statue on the bench outside.
Well after that I made my way to the shop and got some spokes made up it turned out to be on the drive side wheel
So as a result I had to take the rear wheel off to get the spoke on luckily they let me do it in the shop! After getting the spoke in I decided to have them check the wheel to make sure it was spinning straight I was thinking I was gonna have to have them true up my wheel and it was still spinning true! So after riding about 100 miles with a missing spoke it didn't even knock it out of spinning true! These are tough little tires! So after that I explored town some more and decided to go on the famous road 17 mile drive toward Pebble beach to check out some more amazing scenery!
A few miles down the road I made my way to a pay station whare if your driving a car you have to pay to drive the sceneic route but free if you wanna bike it!
After entering there was a very fancy hotel and more great costal shots!
If you look closely in this pic there are Sea Otters all over the rocks!
Well after finishing the famous 17 mile drive I headed over to Carmel to explore the city.
My first stop was the Carmel Mission history museum I really enjoyed the Rustic archeticure!
Well my second stop was Mission Ranch it had a very old county feeling to it I spent a little time admiring the scenery!
Well at this point it was starting to get dark so I headed into the main town of Carmel it had a charming small town
Feel to it after exploring around I decided to hop a bus back to Monteray since it was really hilly. When the bus got there I folded it up and carried it on!
After I got dropped off in town I explored around and hit up a farmers market that was in town then I headed over to the Mcdonadls to use the wifi for a bit then headed back to camp for the night. Well thats all for this entry thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment