Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 38-40 Marin City to Lagunitas, Ca

Hey Everyone!

Well I got up that morning to a nice quiet campground it was peaceful! So I made some breakfast then headed out! I started with a big decent back into Marin city and got back on the bike path I passed through sever small cites it was a nice quit and not too hilly ride. South of Fairfax,Ca I saw this cool motorcycle for sale and decided to take some pics I never seen anything quite like it!
Well after that I made my way into the Town of Fairfax,Ca and I saw this place Frogs Hot Tubs and Spa and decided to stop in! I saw Samual P Taylor state park was only 9 miles away and it was only 1130am! So I decided to treat myself to a day of relaxation! It was $20 for day use they also do massages as well and they were nice enough to store my bike and all my touring gear behind the front desk! It's a co-ed clothing optional spa they have a sun deck showers several hot tubs a cold pool and a sauna I ended up being there for almost 5 hours! It's a local favorite be sure to stop in if your at or near Fairfax, Ca here's the link for more info: http://www.frogshottubs.com/
Well after feeling the most clean I have felt in weeks! I headed to the campground and had a big climb up Whites Hill I took a quick break at the top. 
After that it was all downhill mostly to the campground so after a few more miles I got to the campground and got set up. I chatted with another Cyclist at the hike and bike Andrew who has been on the road for about 9 months! He does volunteer  work at the parks to pay his lodging he was recently in Yosimite park for 30 days! We talked for hours on end swapping stores and talking about our good and bad expeareances of our travels! That night I didn't sleep very well the Racoons were scratching at the food safe and I got out in the middle of the night to check it out turns out there was a big hole on the back of the food safe so they reached right in and got some of our food! 
The next morning I left camp set up then me and Andrew headed into town there was a bike path right from the campground that took you most of the way there! It was about 3 miles away to the Lagunitas Grocary whare they had free wifi and seating. On the way in we bumped into 2 touring cyclists Jen and Kenja they flew in from the east coast and were heading north towards Oregon and were now on their way back south to San fransisco, Ca to stay with a friend in town a few days then fly back home! They gave me some good tips for up comming campgrounds and terrain. The 4 of us chatted for awile and swapped stories. Here's a group shot of us Andrew is on the left then me Jen and Kenja.
Andrew also took a few pics outside he later Emailed to me!
After that we headed in and bought some snacks and I also bought a loaf of bread to replace the one the racoons got then sat down and used the wifi.
We chatted a little more then I started my long overdue project of catching up on blogging and posting pics soon after Andrew headed back and I stayed to keep blogging. After being there for many hours I headed back to camp. Andrew and one of the park workers repaired the foodsafe while I was gone what a relief! We chatted some more that night and said our goodbyes since he was gonna head out early, after that we headed to bed. 
The next morning Andrew headed out I slept in and I still wasn't done catching up on my blog so I stayed one more day and headed back to town to finally catch up once and for all!
Well after being there all day I headed back it was a chilly ride to camp and I got in my tent and went to bed. Well that's it for this chapter thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment