Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 31: Monteray to Santa Cruz, Ca

Hey everyone!

Well that morning I decided to take another shower since it was free! And after I bumped into another cyclist he was biking from Oregon to San Diego then doing the whole southern tier from San Diego to Flordia then he was gonna bike to Qubec, Ca he said he was gonna be gone almost a year! Well after that I cleaned up my bike and headed out.
Today was a biking treat cause the route was about 60% bike path so I headed for the coast and jumped on the path it was such a nice day I got a little preoccupied and didn't take as many pictures today I decided to stop in the Costco in Seaside for a hotdog and drink to fill up. Then I pedaled on and made my way to Marina, Ca whare they ha a Grocery Outlet so I stopped in and got stocked up on food. When I got outside I had to puzzle everything in to fit it all!
Also when I was shopping I saw the rack of Valentine's Day cards and remembered it was 2 days away so I decided to get one and mail it to Courtney! I pedaled a 1/4 mile to the post office and also picked a flower outside the post office and stuck it inside and mailed it off.
Well after that I got back on the path. The printed backup maps I was using were workin pretty well so far. At one point though I headed east away from the coast somehow I made a wrong turn after but after looking at my phone's GPS to see how to get back I saw that I could head up ElkHorn Rd for a nice country detour off the coast for a bit then get back on the coast about 10 miles up north so I decided to go for it!
After all the buetiful hilly country scenery I made my way to Pajaro, Ca.
At this point I pulled out my phone and according to google maps there was a bike path that would get me all the way back west back on the pacific coast route so I decided to try it out once I got there I realized it wasn't exactly paved.
After climbing a short hill to the trail I started pedaling my way down the trail I had to go through some mud but nothing the little Brommie can't handle at one point i had to cross some railroad tracks and there was a lady that had three Chihuahuas walking with her I saw as I passed by and about a 1/8 mile down the trail I looked back and realized they were CHASING me! they almost nipped me a few times i cranked up to 18mph and they were still keeping up! I finally pushed it to almost 20 and after doing that for a few they finally backed off WOW that gave me an adrenalne rush and made me laugh at the same time! 
Well after the dog chase I noticed there were some low clearance points I had to go slow.
It was really neat looking at this buetiful evening sky! And soon after this the trail turned back to pavement again.
Well I got off the trail and back on the costal route and after a few more miles I made my way to Sunset beach whare I set up camp for the night.
Well that's it for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment