Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 42: Bodega Bay to Still Water Cove regional park


Hey everyone!

Well the next morning I got up and I tripped getting out of my tent and Broke My tent pole!
Luckily I remembered I had a tent pole repair kit I could use and borrowed some duck tape from the ranger to repair it.
Well after that I made breakfast and got packed up and headed out. And soon after I left the park I got some great scenery!
Soon after the roads Didn't have much of any shoulder or even none at all as you can see in the pic below!
Soon after the roads improved and I had a shoulder to ride on again and got some nice country scenery!
I loved to ring my bell and "MOO" as I rode by farms All the Animals would stare at you and follow you as you rode by it always made me laugh! :-)
                               Got a good mix of costal and scenic shots on this day!
                  After a bit I had a hill climb that went by Bell Mountain on my way to Fort Ross,Ca.

                           After a bit I finally Made it to the top and had a great view!
There was also a Memorial spot I checked out.
Then I went screaming fast down hill and then I saw a open grass area with a beautiful view so I parked the bike and walk over took a break and laid in the grass!
Soon after I got to Fort Ross Historic Park and If you Drive a Car you have to pay 8$ just to park it my campsite for the night is cheaper then that! I also had seen these signs at several beach viewpoints as well. Bikes however don't need a parking spot so there free!
I saw a windmill by the parking lot and decided to check it out.
I was almost to my campground for the night and saw a great sunset on the way!
Well once I got to Still Water Cove Regional Park I met Jessie he offered me some beer and we stayed up and talked for hours. He was a writer and took a few weeks off work to get some peace and quiet in nature to write his books. I also found out he was in construction just like me! We also went on a night hike as well what a fun night! 
Well after that I got settled in for the night. Thats it for this entry thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. You are having such fun experiences! Thank So MUCH for taking the time to share it with all the people who love you and want to know how your trip is going...I can't wait to see you again when you're done!

    ReplyDelete