Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bike back to Seattle day 1:Tempe to Wickenburg, AZ

Hey everyone!

Well to do a quick overview of the events before leaving I packed up my stuff.
           Mailed back excess gear.
         Did some last minute tune-ups

Had one last last night of fun with Ryan and his AZ crew doing some bar hopping!
Then had a morning breakfast send off at the Chop Shop with everyone! On the left in the group pic is Al the owner of Porta Pedal a shop that specializes in folding bikes! http://portapedalbike.com/

     Another pic of the rest of the gang!
Then at about 11am I headed for Wickenburg, AZ about 68 miles and 500 ft of climbing Ryan And Jennifer biked with me the first 15 miles before heading back here is whare we parted ways.
After that me and my about 90 lb bike! headed out and I headed on the Arizona canal bike path to hwy 60 to Wickenburg it went by pretty fast and about 5 1/2 hrs after leaving the chop shop I was in Wickenburg! 
After that I went to Aztec rv park to stay for the night I met Jim and his wife Beverly they were really nice and accommodating they gave me this huge grass area to myself and even ran an extension cord to my tent for power all this for 12$/night 
Well that concludes day 1 of my ride back to Seattle hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment