Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 20: Arroyo Grande to Morro Bay,Ca

Hey everyone!

Well I didn't get on the road till past 11 it was sure hard to leave Laura Dotty's ranch! I had about 40 miles to bike today So I got back on the road.
After a short bit I hit a down hill and saw some nice country scenery.
After awile on hwy 1 I made my way to Pismo beach and took a side trip to the sand dunes.
After resisting the temptation to bike on it! I got back on hwy 1 and made my way to shell beach for more costal and sceneic views!
After this point I decided to take a detour toward Avila beach to see some more costal views I would not of seen staying on hwy 1.
After admiring the sceneic view I headed out and made my way back to hwy 1 and got to enjoy a nice bike path off the road. It was pretty flat for awile I then made my way to San Luis Obispo I almost biked past it but but decided to stop in town to pick up a few supplies and I saw a Trader Joe's and decided to stop in.  I shopped around and found a few supplies then on my way to the checkout a women stopped me and asked about my bike and told me how awsome it was that I was doing this trip and that she always wanted to try bike touring so we struck up a conversation  and started chatting her name was Courtney and she has her own business www.cookwell.org which she offers personal guidance in whole foods preperation so I gave her the link to my blog and she gave me her business card so after that I headed out I wished there was a way we could of hanged out more but it all happens so fast when traveling. 
Well after that I started making my way to the hwy and saw a Costco and decided to stop in they always have the really big all beef hotdog and drink for $1.50 and the $1.35 Yogurt sundae both of those always fill me up! 
So after that I hit the road feeling very full and was about 15 miles out from Morro Bay State Park on the way to Morro Bay I got some more great scenery!
When I was close I saw this cool bike planter!
At this point it was starting to get dark so I made the 2 mile trek in the dark to the campground when I got ready to pay I looked at the price and was astonished!
I found out state beaches are 10$/night but state parks are only 5$/night for hiker/bikers! So I'm paying 1/7 of the price of a regular campsite what a deal so that means I'd have to be traveling with 6 other cyclists to be worth getting a regular site! Well I got myself set up and setteled in for the night here's a shot of my spot.
Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Love that bike planter! I have a similar one but the wheels are cooler on that one!

    ReplyDelete