Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 13 Los Alamitos to Azusa, CA

Hey everyone!

Well today it was pretty nice easy day I had about 35 miles to bike and it was all bike path and pretty flat! :-)
Azusa,Ca was right at the base of the mountains up ahead that you can see in the photo so it was a pretty straight shot.

Well after biking for awile there was a small climb I had to make to continue on the bike path which had a nice panoramic view of the trail and the city you can see the bike path goes a long ways!

Well after that it was pretty flat with some downhill and before I knew it I was in Azusa,Ca. So I got the phone out and mapped the rest of the way to my next place but this time it wasn't a Warmshowers host it was my good friend Rika from high school that I havn't seen for almost 10 years! So once I pulled in we got the sleeping arrangements worked out since their little apartment was very crowded we decided it would be better if I slept in the garage she felt bad about not having a spare room but acually it worked out better I think I had a key for the door so I could come and go as I want without waking anyone up it was like a my own little studio apartment.

Well once I got setteled in I headed over to hangout and chat for a bit I met her bf Fredy he was pretty cool chill guy and after talking for a while they decided to head to the gym so I went back and got the bike out and explored around town for a bit it was nice not biking fully loaded again! I felt light on my feet and zipped around town I stopped in a donut shop for a few then decided I wanted to treat myself to a nice dinner which I havn't had since San Diego so I did a groupon search for restraunt deals in the area and found SR Indian cuisine it was 5$ for 10$ worth of food and it was about 5 miles away so I went for it! Once I got there I folded up the bike and wheeled it inside Ike always and ordered up a lamb plate with rice which was really good! So after eating and relaxing for a few I headed out and right when I pulled out trouble struck! Somehow my rear tire went flat and this big nasty staple was to blame!

I couldn't believe it my first flat of the trips and I wasn't even fully loaded lol! Good thing I brought my front bag with my patch kit! If this had happened 3 months ago I wouldn't of had a clue how to take the rear wheel off on a regular bike it's easy but on a brompton it's more complicated. You have to disassemble part of the rear internal hub and derailer but before leaving my trip I practiced removing it with the instructional videos so It was no problem! So after about 20 min it took a little longer cause it was dark and I had to be careful not to lose anything it was all fixed! Even though it was a bad thing it made me feel good and more self-sufficient knowing my practicing paid off! So after that I headed back to the garage to sleep for the night. 

So the next morning I got up around 9am and me Rika and Fred went on a hike to Poop Out (that's acually the name lol) so we drove to the trailhead and got started. It was a very steep climb I had to shift my weight to make my way up through the lose dirt and rocks and after a bit we made it to the top we hanged out for a bit and enjoyed the view which I forgot to take a picture of whoops oh well. So after that we started heading down Rika and Fred said they like to run down cause they have lower back problems so I followed suit it was very intense so we ran our way down. Well we got to this big rock most of the way down and decided to stop for a break and do a few pics!
So then we hiked on the street to get back to the car and took one last pic at the Poop Out trailhead.
So then we hit the Costco food court for lunch and then headed back home we watched a few movies and then later that night I went out for a walk with Rika to do some more chatting and catching up then after that I went to bed for the night.

Well the next morning I hanged out with Rika some more and chatted till about 1pm and then we said our goodbyes and I headed out. Well that's it for this page thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment