Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bike back to Seattle day 6: Jacumba to San Diego, CA

Hey everyone!

So in the morning I went to the library again did some more blogging and when I got back to camp to put everything away I found that my tent had blown over on its back and one of my tarps went missing! The winds had started to pick up and I finally found my tarp about 100 ft away from my campsite!
Well after that I was trying to put away everything and with the winds still blowing it was a bit of a battle especially with my tent.  I didn't hit the road till almost noon today after battling with putting everything away and it was 60 miles to San Diego, CA and had to climb about 2500 ft in elevation and 4000 ft at the high point here is a shot of the elevation chart to show you the climb and the descent as well.
So it was flat for a few miles then I was back to snailing up the climb at 5-8 mph eventually around 10 miles later made my way to Live Oak Springs here I am Tecate Divide Divide right by town.
After that I was back to climbing a little bit then I had some a few steep descents at one point I was going almost 40 mph and got some nasty side wind which made it a little scary! After I got to the bottom and flattened out at about 25 miles in I saw this interesting abandoned building on my right so I decided to stop in for a break 
After that I had one more long hill climb and a slight decent to Pine Valley then one more climb then it was all downhill I made my way back to I-8 where I could ride my bike for a short bit at this point it was all downhill and the sun was starting to set I was worried about starting late but it was just perfect going downhill with all these beautiful views.
After screaming down the hill at about 35 miles an hour before I knew it I was in Lakeside at the bottom of the hill not too far away from my friends house. At this point it was pretty much dark so I stopped for a min to map in the directions to my friend Tamara's house
After about 25 more min I was at my friend Tamara's house which I just realized I've known for 20 years! (I first met her in 5th grade) man time flies by. So I got settled in showered, which I hadn't done in 3 days and changed clothes.
I will be here for 4 days on break exploring the San Diego area before resuming my way up the coast to Seattle, WA. Well I hope you enjoyed this entry! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment