Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 19: El Capitan to Arroyo Grande, Ca


Hey everyone! 

Well I got off to a eariler start today I left about 930am I had about 75 miles to bike today I figured after a day break I'd be ready for a longer day.
So off I went I found out there was a bike path I could take connecting this park with another one a few miles away so I took I headed up it always till I found this
But just as I was leaving there was a guy that told me I could go around it, so I did and headed on it over to the next park here's a shot of the path
So after that I looked around the next park for a few.
Then I headed back to hwy 101 the coast wasn't quite as scenic but the hills to the east sure were
I also got a little nervous when I saw this sign!
But luckily there were no gusty winds after a little more biking I saw Gavitora state parkand decided to stop in and the difference in price from hiker/biker was even more! Over 4 times the price.
I also talked to one of the park volunteers for a short bit before heading out just a mile up I passed a rest stop and came to a cool tunnel I had to bike through.
Shortly after the tunnel I got to the exit to get back on hwy 1 and say a sign that it was closed for the next 18 miles but the state trooper said I could bike through which was a big plus cause this ment little to no cars!
This part of the route is further away from the coast so through here I was surrounded by mountains and hills which was a nice change of scenery!
I managed to find a sign to get my bike in one as well.
Soon after this I made my way to Lompoc, Ca about 35 miles in whare I decided to restock on food and a some supplies I found a Grocary outlet of all places which is one of my favorite places to shop cause its always a great deal and they always have different items so its like a treasure hunt I think it makes shopping fun! So I got about 3 full bags of stuff which looked like to much to fit but with a little creativity and also de packageing some stuff I crammed it all in! I also stopped at big 5 to get another gas can for my stove then I was off finally by this time it was almost 3pm and I still had just over 40 miles to go so I got movin! I went off hwy 1 and took hwy 135 It was starting to look less like desert and more like Washington state through here plus some hill climbs as well another common thing In Washington.
Once I climbed this hill I coasted my way down into some vineyards.
I was then starting to run out of daylight again at this point it was almost 5 and I was about 50 miles in 
About 10 miles later I finally reached Guadalupe,Ca not too far from my next resting place.
So I called the Laura Dotty  she has a farm and let's cyclists camp for 10$/night I got the directions the rest of the way to her place it was about 8 miles away at this point it was about 630 and totally dark so I turned on all my night lights took my time.  Soon after I arrived she was so sweet and welcoming she showed me a around and told me she also advertises this place on Air BnB. And since I was the only one here she let me sleep in the bunks in the top of the tower! Here's a few shots I took of the place the next morning! 
               It also had a nice view!
           Here's the tower I slept in!
Once I got setteled in to took a nice shower in the bath house and then made a fire and enjoyed some dinner wine and cheese in front of the fire man it was nice! :-) Soon after that I headed for bed. 

The next morning I looked around the farm and took my time. I made some breakfast!
Man what a nice place I sure hate to leave but after that I headed out. Also if you wanna stay here as well give Doty a call 805-574-3901or email: dadoyts@yahoo.com or the web www.ILGWellness.com 
Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment