Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 17 and 18: Ventura,Ca to El Capitan State Beach

Hey everyone!

Well that morning I chatted with Deg Matt and Kevin some more  and took a pic of the coast by our campsite.
After that I said thank you and goodbye to Deg Matt and Kevin I tried to pay them some money and they didn't even take it! I've been amazed so far by the generosity of everyone I've met this trip and I definetly plan to pay it forward cause honestly if I did somthing nice for somone I would rather they just say thank you and pay it forward and help somone else in need  down the road then just have them give me money. So off I went back on the coast for more great scenery!
I had about 55 miles to bike today.  I Eventually made my way to Carpinteria,Ca and stopped at a park just on the outskirts of town for a quick break and saw more great views!
I stopped at a local bike shop in town for a few to look around then I headed out and made my way to the next town Summerland, Ca this place was right on the coast an had some classy resorts a lady that lived locally saw my bike and asked me about it she also told me about some of her friends that biked around the world and also warned me about some of the roads comming up after that she headed off and I got back to biking. Well eventually I made my way to Santa Barbra, ca and it was all bike path through the town!
While I was in town I decided to stop at REI in Santa Barbra.
After that I pressed on and biked through some rolling hills and beaches and more great scenery.
So I eventually made my way to another longer bike path and it was a nice easy ride with a nice sunset and I made my way to the University of Santa Barbara it was a really neat college to see they had bike racks everywhere it was quite a site! 
Just when I thought this was a lot of bikes I went a little further and saw a even bigger area of bikes and also a bike repair station so awsome! :-)
After biking through this amazing bikes galore college I made my way back to the coast still on the bike path it just keeps going I eventually made my way to Goleta beach whare I stopped for a quick break at this point the sun was just about set so I kept moving. I eventually got off the bike path and made my way back to hwy 101 which at this point I had to bike in the dark! So I turned on 3 rear light and 2 front lights and my rim lights a recent purchase at the Santa Barbara REI. So I biked my way up luckily it was a wide shoulder and about an hour later I got to El Capitan state beach whare I decided to camp for the night. I this one was much more clear about whare the hiker biker sights were and the price was right on the sign
Well I'm sure glad I'm a hiker/biker as you can see its 35$ for a regular site so over triple the price lol! 
Well after that I got set up and setteled in for the night.
So the next morning I decided I like this place so much that I decided to stay an extra day to explore the area here's 2 shots of the site.
The bathrooms were right there the camp host was in the rv on the right and I had running water right on the site and also the bathrooms were very spacious there was also just up the hill a classy campground with cabins and yurts called the El Capitan Canyon it also had its own market that I hanged out in and it had free wi-fi an a nice fire place that made it warm and cozy I also went up the street to the rv sites called Orca Mesa I was told they had a laundromat so I headed over to wash my 4 day old dirty bike clothes with a little persuasion the lady there let me wash my clothes well later that night I went back to the Canyon market whare I left my phone charging and watch some shows on my phone and got the rest of the way caught up on the blog finally!
They closed at 8 and she said I could hang out outside if I wanted so I did!
So after doing doing a little more relaxing I made my way back to camp to sleep for the night. Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment