Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 14 and 15 Azusa to Pasadena to Malibu

Hey everyone!

 Well after leaving from Rika's place in Azusa,Ca at about 2pm which I had planned on the next place was only about 20 miles away in Pasedena. The ride was pretty nice a mix of busy and suburban roads and not to long later I was in Pasedena it was around 4pm and mapped my way to Warmshowers host Malena and her husband Jonathan. It was a very warm welcoming Jon came down and lugged my 48lb pack up 2 stories of stairs and I brought the rest up to their apartment. I got in and they put my stuff by the door behind the futon couch that I would sleep on tonight I also got to meet their loving dog Lucy she was shy at first but soon warmed up to me. So I went ahead and showered up and changed after that we went out for ice cream down the street they had a balsamic flavored ice cream I had to try it I never saw that before! Then we headed back I chatted with Melina for a bit about her travels to Asia! She was gone for about 6 months biking and exploring she told me she didn't even camp much since some of the hotels were as cheap as 5-10$ US a night amazing! Well once we got back Jonathan cooked up several pizzas he made from scratch! They told me I could eat all I wanted so about 5 big slices later I was very full! I chatted with Jonathan for awile he was from Quebec, Canada and is trying to get US citizenship and I saw his fancy PC tower and figured he was a gamer and we chatted about that as well. Well soon after that Melina and Jon setup the futon for me and a little bit later I went to bed. 
The next morning Lucy came in and jumped up on the futon and gave me some good morning kisses which was a fun way to wake up so I laid in bed for a little bit then Jon came out and offered to cook me some eggs for breakfast! I had about 4 eggs and had some bread as well. After breakfast I decided to use the computer to catch up on some long overdue blogging so after a few hours of that it was almost 11am so I started to get ready to go Jon helped me with the heavy pack again and brought it downstairs and Malena came down and said our goodbyes and I headed out what an amazing couple they were so nice and accommodating! 
So then I headed back to the coast but decided to make a stop in downtown LA first and explore around town! Here's some shots.
After riding around town it was getting later so I decided to hop the route 720 bus to get back to the coast in Santa Monica a little faster well while I was riding the bus I met some cool people there was a guy that gave me some pointers. Also an attractive women that got on sat next to me and noticed my folding bike! So we chatted about the different places we traveled for awile then she got to her stop and got off it all happened so fast I did give her the link to the blog but wished I had gotton her number! she definetly seemed like she would be fun to travel with she also said hearing about the trip I was doing was inspiring her to travel again! Well anywayz I also had to move my bike and gear throughout the bus ride to make room for people which got tricksy at times.  Well once the bus arrived in Santa Monica I got off and headed a little bit south to get down to the pier for more scenic costal biking!
Well after hanging out at the pier I headed up the bike path right on the coast for some more amazing scenery!
Well there was some hills here and there but not too bad overall but by the time I was getting close to Malibu it was getting dark but it does offer a unique scenic view of the coast that the daylight doesn't!
Well after that little stop I pedaled my way to Leo Carrillo state beach in north Malibu. Ca whare I would stay for the night it took me a few to figure out whare the hiker/biker sites were considering it was dark! But I eventually figured it out and got setup and went to bed here is a shot of my campsite the next morning.
Well that's all for this chapter thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment